What are you reading?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

TheWatcher
Reactions:

Re: What are you reading?

Post by TheWatcher »

You're a hardcore reader! I lag after page 5 of Dickens!
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

80 pages into to the Infinity Doctors. Quite enjoying it which is a surprise as most comments I had heard about it were luke warm. Does make the Time Lords seem really mundane when characters are taking showers and so on. I am wondering if it's going to get really fanwanky at some point.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/Ssorg/postreactions/notification/type/reaction.php on line 95: sprintf(): Too few arguments
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

Rawkuss wrote:80 pages into to the Infinity Doctors. Quite enjoying it which is a surprise as most comments I had heard about it were luke warm. Does make the Time Lords seem really mundane when characters are taking showers and so on. I am wondering if it's going to get really fanwanky at some point.

My god that really went awry by the end. Utter fanwank, yet still better than Zagreus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/Ssorg/postreactions/notification/type/reaction.php on line 95: sprintf(): Too few arguments
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

Total self-promo, but I'm going to be published in this:

http://www.cambridgescholars.com/performing-art

Released 1st October.

My piece is about sound poetry.

Pricy book but I'd be grateful for some reviews if you can get hold of it.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

Mike wrote:Total self-promo, but I'm going to be published in this:

Released 1st October.

£45.99 for 140 A5 pages. Go fuck yourself.

I'll review it anyway based on the title, cover and description. Pretentious bullshit with no artistic or academic value and a price:worth ratio so wide it rivals No Man's Sky, and would serve more purpose being burned in a bin to warm up a homeless person... in the middle of a summer heatwave.

Good for you though, this must be really exciting and hopefully a step towards something you want to do. Happy for you, blood. :?:
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

Adam Ant Driver wrote:
Mike wrote:Total self-promo, but I'm going to be published in this:

Released 1st October.

£45.99 for 140 A5 pages. Go fuck yourself.

I'll review it anyway based on the title, cover and description. Pretentious bullshit with no artistic or academic value and a price:worth ratio so wide it rivals No Man's Sky, and would serve more purpose being burned in a bin to warm up a homeless person... in the middle of a summer heatwave.

Good for you though, this must be really exciting and hopefully a step towards something you want to do. Happy for you, blood. :?:
I love you, you massive fucking prick.

Also: blud*

Bellend.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

Mike wrote:
Adam Ant Driver wrote:I love you, you massive fucking prick.

Also: blud*

Bellend.
Massive prick, eh? I'm flattered but you give me too much credit.

I would have called you out but googling blud brings up an urbandictionary result, and who can argue with that? As Bill Burr would say - "Eh, go fuck yourself, ya cunt".

As I was typing out this reply I sneezed so hard I knocked over both of my Daisy Ridley figures but none of the others. So a double fuck you and if they're damaged I will charge you for them.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Today, I read the word "pizza" again in my most recent mail, and decided to hate Italians because of it.

....Well, that and Horace.

(Not really, but let the gag ride...).
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

The writing on the wall has been fairly interesting.

I only said fairly.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Mein Kamph. I took note of that hard UK push to read -just read - read anything!!!!

I think they may have over-rated it. Especially advertised during Big Brother...