Re: What are you reading?

Post by TheWatcher »

Don't read it to truly get the joke.
Int worth it.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

I've been reading the internet. That's creativity enough!
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

Frankenstein and script Doctor by Andrew Cartmel. Both brilliant but different
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/Ssorg/postreactions/notification/type/reaction.php on line 95: sprintf(): Too few arguments
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
The Seal
Reactions:

Post by The Seal »

Rogue Lawyer, John Grisham.

Top book.
burrunjor
Reactions:

Post by burrunjor »

I'm reading Jurassic Park again.

It still holds up as an excellent adventure novel. I can see why they cast Jeff Goldblum as Malcolm. It feels like it was written for him LOL. Who else can be that annoying yet still be lovable?
Mott1
Reactions:

Post by Mott1 »

One thing I'd like to read would be Steven Moffat's secret BBC screenplay adaptation of Shakespeare's tragedies. Before I burnt it...

Take Macbeth, for example. A couple of the more famous scenes from the play would probably read something like this:

3 WITCHES : STIR CAULDRON AND GO MENTAL

Witch 1: See Macbeth approaching. See him not know we're playing, like, serious mind games on him!
Witch 2: This is when Macbeth is at his most gullible and full of his own sense of destiny...
Witch 3: Yeah, whatev-ah!

LADY MACBETH IS FOUND BY HER HUSBAND WASHING HER HANDS CONSTANTLY.

Lady Macbeth (after the murder of King Duncan): A little water clears us of this deed...

ENTER KING DUNCAN.

Macbeth (stunned) : How did you survive me stabbing you?"
King Duncan: I'm the King - just accept it!

A brilliant update which the Bard sorely needs...
"I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy."

Tom Waits.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Update the poetic (near incomprehensible) language of Shakespeare? Never!!!

(Kit always had more balls anyway - very much a young vibrant, School of Night, Shakespear with an E).
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Bacon my arse!

'Cos it's hot.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

The Long-Legged Fly by James Sallis. I read Drive after seeing the film (both are great) and the sequel, Driven and now I've finally got around to reading more of his work. The best thing about Sallis is that he doesn't waste your time with pointless shit, his work is short and too the point and every sentence has value.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

Fan Magazine/Fanzine http://www.whotopia.ca/ free to download
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/Ssorg/postreactions/notification/type/reaction.php on line 95: sprintf(): Too few arguments