Leaving the forum

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

iank
Reactions:

Re: Leaving the forum

Post by iank »

If there was something wrong with feeling for someone you've never met, or even a fictional character, I'd be in the loony bin by now! :D
You've just got to keep these things in perspective. And certainly, like anything else in life, if it's something that starts having a negative impact rather than a positive one on your life and your mental health, then step away.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

Of course there's nothing wrong with feeling something for someone you have never met. It's more the fact the she was killed by a stalker decades ago. How is saying he wants to be with her healthy? It's suicidal ideation.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Oh I agree. I hope he gets some help.
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

All these responses demonstrate the importance of staying on the forum, Maxil. You have a lot of supportive online friends here who have a lot of time for you.

Whoever it was that felt disturbed by your remarks, doesn't have to the right to discourage you from posting whatever you want to post. They may have felt they have your best interests at heart, but ultimately the decision is yours.
Biroc the Tharil
Reactions:

Post by Biroc the Tharil »

All best wishes Maxil, I hope you find the support you need...I'm sure the whole forum is here for you...
'Believe nothing they say - they're not Biroc's kind.'
English Giraffe
Reactions:

Post by English Giraffe »

I'm very late to this post, but what other people have said reflects myself. You've been one of the best members of the forum, and I hope that you get the help you need. I'm confident that you'll make it.
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

I’ve got back to Maxil via E-Mail, and he says he’ll likely be back once he’s made progress in terms of resolving his own personal issues and mental state. I can only echo the sentiments of others here- you’re one of the best members of the board and I anticipate your return, and hope that you obtains the help you need going forward. I’ll get back to your E-Mail shortly too!
BillPatJonTom
Reactions:

Post by BillPatJonTom »

Just like the others said, hope to see you back soon.
the true Who the whole true Who and nothing but the true Who
ClockworkOcean
Reactions:

Post by ClockworkOcean »

It can often be helpful to take a break from the Internet during times of stress, but you shouldn't feel the need to leave because posting about your issues makes someone else uncomfortable. With all due respect to that person, they can simply choose not to read it. You're an integral part of the community and will always be welcome here.
Doctor Who: 1963-1989
Fuck the TV Movie.
Fuck Big Finish.
Fuck NuWho.
Fuck the Fitzroy clique.
Pepsi Maxil
Reactions:

Post by Pepsi Maxil »

I'm really touched by the comments on this thread. I thank you all for your incredible support. Without you lot I would be in a far worse place than I am now. At the time of creating this thread I was in a real mess mentally and I wasn't thinking straight. In the last few days some progress has finally been made. I told my mum about my Rebecca obsession and explained that most of my suicidal thoughts are linked to her. She said she understood everything and really made me feel comfortable telling her. She agrees with people here that loving a celebrity is completely fine, but having a desire to join them is something that she desperately wants me to get help for. I didn't mention her name because I didn't feel able to, but I plan on doing so and also show some pictures of her as well. I feel like I have to do it in stages. It was finally nice to tell her as I've been interested in Rebecca since I was seventeen and I've never worked up the courage to tell her until now. She said that fantasy and reality have become mixed up in my head and I think everyone here would agree that's the case. I am not confident enough to tell a therapist about Rebecca just yet, but my mum says she will listen to anything I have to say regarding her.

I have been breaking down a lot which is why my sister has come to visit for a few days. I'm actually not allowed to be in my room for too long and I can't be left in the house on my own. I completely understand this. I'm currently on antidepressants and I felt quite ill yesterday although I'm not sure if that was more to do with stress than the tablet I took. I was informed that I would feel quite sick for a while. A few family members suggest that I limit my internet access for now. I will not leave the forum for good, but I must be careful how I spent my time at the moment. I've been going for frequent walks, watching comedy shows, talking and going for drives with my sister.

It will be a long road, but I've made the first step by revealing something so personal in real life. I even told a friend online a few days ago that I was terrified of telling my family so I do feel proud of myself that I was finally able to admit it and be so open about it. The next step is making my mum familiar with Rebecca. I feel that it would be good for her to see Rebecca in something. She definitely realizes just how much I love her and how far I'd be willing to go to prove that.

I'll update you all again in a few days. Thanks again for the support.