Reactions:

Re: Good Stuff on Television

Post by TheWatcher »

No. No it doesn't.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

Did you watch it? Episode 2 was great, It almost made me spit out my drink. If I actually had a drink at the time I'm certain I would have done it.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

No, I made an occasion of it.

I invited friends, and there we sat, on a sofa.

All three of us holding our liquids.

Eventually we spat, but you don't want to hear this.
Tad_Cooper
Reactions:

Post by Tad_Cooper »

I wonder if TV is the way to go. I was a bit horrified that they were remaking Westworld, but then when I found out it was a series rather than a film it made me a bit more interested. The worst thing about the original is the lack of time to develop the plot leaving the ending rather simplified where most people just disappear.

Stranger things is another one. I don’t find that it succeeds just because of the 80’s set dressing, but because it’s got that lovely style older films had of really developing every character.
I watched Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween recently and it was awful. None of the ‘good’ (and I use that term loosely) characters were very well developed, leaving us with a load of bland young people, some of whom are so annoying you’re hoping they’ll get killed far quicker than they actually do. At least with a series you grow to really love the characters, so in Stranger Things we genuinely fear for the main cast when they’re being menaced by either local bullies or the supernatural. I can’t remember the last time I felt that in an action/adventure film.
Tad_Cooper
Reactions:

Post by Tad_Cooper »

burrunjor wrote:
Mott1 wrote:I kind of prefer Seinfeld to Curb, but I'm in a minority among my friends on that one!

Has anyone else seen any of Victoria, with Jenna Coleman? Seemed a bit plodding to me - and she's exactly the way you'd expect Jenna Coleman playing Queen Victoria to be.
I was going to watch it just to oggle Jenna LOL, but I didn't think it would be worth it. I wouldn't have thought Jenna looked like Queen Victoria to be honest.

That's poor casting.
Young Queen Victoria looked like Sonia from Eastenders. If her portraits are accurate.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Still Game started its new series on friday and it was as good as ever. Hard to believe it was gone for so long. Any fans of the show here?
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Never heard of it!
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

It's a Scottish sitcom about 2 pensioner friends. It's now on series 7, the first series since 2007. The first 6 are on Netflix.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

It's not very good, but has a mammoth of support for some reason.

But so did "The Thin Blue Line", and we all know how that turned out...

(I get Limmy when he keeps off the standard repetition).

*Points in no particular direction*
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Still Game, Thin Blue Line and Limmy Show are all great though.

You... slag!