Good Stuff on Television

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

iank
Reactions:

Re: Good Stuff on Television

Post by iank »

The X Files: Badlaa. Deep Roy, already iconic to cult TV fans as the murderous ventriloquist's dummy Mr Sin in the Tom Baker Doctor Who classic The Talons of Weng-Chiang, gets to be evil in another sci-fi horror fave as a murderous fakir whose lack of legs is more than made up for with his mental powers in this excellent episode. This is one of my fave episodes of season 8, even if the plot is a bit obscure (I'm no more sure than Scully and Doggett why he's targetting the people he is, unless he's just lashing out at Americans with happy families in entirely random acts of vengeance, which is perfectly possible I guess) but it's just so damn creepy and weird and scary I don't care!
It's not every day you can watch a midget pull themselves out of a corpse on Scully's autopsy table, even on this show! :o :lol:
Penny
Reactions:

Post by Penny »

Is this the guy who smuggles himself around the world by crawling up fat guy's arses?
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

That's the one! :lol:
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Dramarama: Spooky.

Short series (precursor to the main Dramarama), but had some good scares.

A fair few people talk about "The Keeper", which should never have gone out to a child audience. It's great.

But "In a dark, dark box" and "The Danny Roberts Show" are both super creepy....

Really under-rated.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

Curb season 9 has started filming.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Ha! Well there's some good news.

Edit to say: Fucking love JB.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

It's all Duck farts to me
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/Ssorg/postreactions/notification/type/reaction.php on line 95: sprintf(): Too few arguments
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Yeah, but everything's duck farts to you...

Ever since you got that duckfartilizer fitted. D'you remember?

It was funny. 23 seconds tops, but it was funny...
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

I thought the christmas special of Inside no. 9 was pretty good, anyone see it?
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Yeah, it was OK.
Got hyped a bit...