Good Stuff on Television

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Cardinal Fang
Reactions:

Re: Good Stuff on Television

Post by Cardinal Fang »

War Arrow wrote:the guy who played Lytton in Attack of the Cybermen (Maurice somebody)
Colebourne; I highly recommend Gansters, the (Philip Martin-created and scripted) series which brought him to prominence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrTaImTu ... re=related

(the season one instrumental theme arrangement is preferable to the Chris Farlowe vocal which graces that of season two!)
Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

I watched Part 1 of the final Frost last night.
Enjoyable enough, even if Frost & Toolan are now way too old to be credible coppers.
Will watch Part 2 tonight, and then Secret Army is next on the viewing list, thanks to a fellow Hiver. 8-) ;)
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

I started watching a newish HBO serial recently, 'bored to death'. Its not bad. I dont think I will be buying it on DVD, but if you've got half an hour to kill theres worse things you could do. Its a sort of indie-kid turns inept private detective thing. Check an episode perhaps.

"Don't you see what this is going to mean to all the people who come to serve B-fore the all powerful? Why, no country, no person would dare to have a single thought that was not B's own. B-fore's own conception of the, of the way of life!"
Sir John Sudbury
Reactions:

Post by Sir John Sudbury »

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the excellent - IMO - Medium is getting repeats on BBC2 in the post-midnight slot this week.
FordTimelord
Reactions:

Post by FordTimelord »

Currently watching 'Stargazing - LIVE'

with Professor Brian Cox and Dara O'Briain.

Looks good but disappointing lack of bananas in liquid nitrogen so far.
chicken man
COOLER THAN FONZIE
Reactions:

Post by chicken man »

wrongcock wrote:I started watching a newish HBO serial recently, 'bored to death'. Its not bad. I dont think I will be buying it on DVD, but if you've got half an hour to kill theres worse things you could do. Its a sort of indie-kid turns inept private detective thing. Check an episode perhaps.

i quite liked it- ted danson was funny in it :shock:
Sir John Sudbury
Reactions:

Post by Sir John Sudbury »

For anyone old enough to have played with an Action Man or read a Warlord comic, Colditz is getting a re-run on a channel called Yesterday later this week. Escape from the beastly hun!
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

chicken man wrote:
wrongcock wrote:I started watching a newish HBO serial recently, 'bored to death'. Its not bad. I dont think I will be buying it on DVD, but if you've got half an hour to kill theres worse things you could do. Its a sort of indie-kid turns inept private detective thing. Check an episode perhaps.

i quite liked it- ted danson was funny in it :shock:
I think the whole cast was pretty solid tbh, Danson was as likeable as ever. However, I stopped watching half way through season 2, for spoiler reasons that I didnt think served the show very well. I suspect interference from an external source to the script writer, its an old story :roll:
It was funny as fuck when they are baked out of their heads trying to get some private detective job done :D

"Don't you see what this is going to mean to all the people who come to serve B-fore the all powerful? Why, no country, no person would dare to have a single thought that was not B's own. B-fore's own conception of the, of the way of life!"
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

Any other fans of the sky at night here? I always massively enjoy my monthly dose of Patrick Moore :) Latest one available on bbc iplayer. I think Paul vanisez is still the producer, he found the only existing home recordings of 1960s who, fucking cool even if it was only the space pirates episode 2 again!!

chicken man
COOLER THAN FONZIE
Reactions:

Post by chicken man »

wrongcock wrote:Any other fans of the sky at night here? I always massively enjoy my monthly dose of Patrick Moore :) Latest one available on bbc iplayer. I think Paul vanisez is still the producer, he found the only existing home recordings of 1960s who, fucking cool even if it was only the space pirates episode 2 again!!
does he play the xylophone?