Bidmead vs Moffat (Twitter spat)

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Rigsby
Reactions:

Bidmead vs Moffat (Twitter spat)

Post by Rigsby »

Two showrunners currently having a minor spat on Twitter

steven_moffat Steven Moffat
No Emmy joy for #Sherlock but an incredible night for the mighty #DowntonAbbey and the lovely Julian Fellowes. #keepingthebritishendup

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
said @steven_moffat, between gritted teeth.

@chbidmead No, said Steven Moffat because he likes the show and the writer. You're entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to mine.

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
Entitled, though, @steven_moffat, to mine your tweets for humorous possibilities, don'tya think?

@chbidmead Let me know if you find any.

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
We are talking possibilities here, @steven_moffat. Nothing guaranteed.

Gareth Roberts
@OldRoberts953 Gareth Roberts
Ah, Bidmead. Ever the charmer.

AGI2010 Angry Dick
I notice the usual clique of 'in-crowd' cunts having wine-soaked digs at Bidmead again. They prefer camp shit to decent ideas #doctorwho

nigelfletcher Nigel Fletcher
@steven_moffat @chbidmead Please don't bicker. Creators of Blink and Logopolis not getting on would be like seeing favourite uncles fighting

tweeting_keith Keith Andrew
@chbidmead @steven_moffat If Doctor Who existed in the world of the National Enquirer, this kind of exchange would be front page news.

SirWestyWest Pete West
Enjoying @chbidmead and @steven_moffat competing to be The Grumpiest #DoctorWho Showrunner Ever. Wishing JNT was around to join in.

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@nigelfletcher @steven_moffat Bickering? We pros call it story development. Watch this space.

JasonOnion Jason Onion
@steven_moffat @chbidmead don't put the gloves on and being nice to each other. Fight! :) Timey whimey or bubble memory? Who will win...?

annie_ninop Annie Ninan
@nigelfletcher my thoughts ezactly! It's just like an awkwardly riveting family argument.

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@annie_ninop @steven_moffat I think you might be adding stage directions that aren't in the script. :-)

TomSpilsbury Tom Spilsbury
Is that the Cloister Bell I just heard chiming?

TomSpilsbury Tom Spilsbury
Actually, I think it was just an echo of something from long, long ago. I'll bidmead you all goodnight.
Fuhrer Worm
Reactions:

Re: Bidmead vs Moffat (Twitter spat)

Post by Fuhrer Worm »

Ooh. I was just coming here to post about this. Haha, good show.

Hmm this is a problem with teasing and things like that over the internet where you can't see emotions. From my point of view, Bidmead just seems to be giving a playful no-harm meant tease at Moffat. But it's probably not completely unfair of Moffat to interpret that tweet of Bidmead as being nasty towards him. But let's be fair Bidmead could have probably tweeted "Can't wait for The Wedding of River Song :)" and Moffat would have been all "FUCK OFF YAR CUNT!" because he insulted his best fwiend Wusty and in turn other NuWho alumni. ;_;
Rigsby
Reactions:

Post by Rigsby »

I just sense if Terrance Dicks tweeted the same thing Moffat would have seen the funny side. Roberts and Silsbury's attitudes to the incident are also very telling about the pootocracy's feelings towards CHB.
rani
Forum Filth Fighter
Reactions:

Post by rani »

Bidmead really is a nasty piece of work.

I do wish JNT was around though and tweeting.
Fighting Fanboy Filth's falsehoods, fantasies and fibs
The Seal
Reactions:

Post by The Seal »

rani wrote:Bidmead really is a nasty piece of work.

Why, because he popped a lame joke in Moffat's direction?

No-one in TV likes to lose to the opposition, and if anything Bidmead was just cutting through the usual affected artificial magnanimosity with a bit humour.

Moffat threw his toys out the pram like a baby.
Rigsby
Reactions:

Post by Rigsby »

Moffat's response was really first draft stuff
Frazmataz
Reactions:

Post by Frazmataz »

The Seal™ wrote:
rani wrote:Bidmead really is a nasty piece of work.

Why, because he popped a lame joke in Moffat's direction?

No-one in TV likes to lose to the opposition, and if anything Bidmead was just cutting through the usual affected artificial magnanimosity with a bit humour.

Moffat threw his toys out the pram like a baby.
Quoted for truth.
Rigsby
Reactions:

Post by Rigsby »

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
.@steven_moffat / Said 2 ChBidmead, "Come off it. / Just 'cos you've written a few 30yrold Dr Whos / Doesn't entitle U2 misquote my views".

spwalker Steve Walker
@chbidmead All part of making something significant out of something trivial. You got your mention and the RT request - enough, surely? ;-)

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@spwalker But that was an MT, not an RT. :-)

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
.@steven_moffat / Said 2 ChBidmead, "Come off it. / Yr not entitled 2 misquote my views / Just 'cos you've written a few 30yrold Dr Whos /.

@chbidmead @steven_moffat To be honest, that sounds fair enough. Castrovalva or not (and kudos on that), you're trying to cause trouble

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@tweeting_keith @steven_moffat Tx for the shot across the bows. Appreciated. But no, just having fun with Twitter and #clerihew.

@chbidmead Well, fair enough. But I suspect @steven_moffat would prefer it if you had Twitter fun without his name in the tweet.

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@tweeting_keith Well, we've been warned about 2nd guessing his views. I'm assuming the guy can take a joke, n'est-ce pas?

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@tweeting_keith @d0od Now I think it's my views that are being misquoted. Not that that's any big deal. :-)

@chbidmead Given the press has often jumped on his tweets to use them out of context, you can understand why he might not be keen, no?

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@Not clear where this objection start or ends, @tweeting_keith. Some caste divide being breached here? Shld I not tweet to Moff or you to me?
Last edited by Rigsby on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

Bidmead & Moffat
2 cunts.

Although Moffat is bigger.
Rigsby
Reactions:

Post by Rigsby »

@chbidmead ... - is not desirable, simply because people use this place to get away from that kind of thing. Also, when you're the...

@chbidmead Okay. I'm just suggesting that people tend to use Twitter for leisure. What you did - a slight but consistent prod of the Moff...

@chbidmead ... - is not desirable, simply because people use this place to get away from that kind of thing. Also, when you're the...

@chbidmead ...showrunner of one of the biggest shows on TV, you have to be careful when people misquote you. That's all. Nothing more.

@chbidmead As an aside, I'm not having a go here. Castrovalva was the first Who I watched, and on I still turn to now. So I doff my cap.

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@tweeting_keith Please replace the cap immediately. But the idea I've "misquoted" Moff surely can't be taken seriously. Reread the tweet.

spwalker Steve Walker
@chbidmead All part of making something significant out of something trivial. You got your mention and the RT request - enough, surely? ;-)

chbidmead Chris Bidmead
@spwalker Yeah, but: if you edit someone's tweet before U RT U need to signify that with MT (modified T). Unless you're #Hari, of course.